Dream Up My Own Original
No.....you won't have to dream up BBQ recipes from scratch.
Why reinvent the wheel, right? I'm talking about taking an existing recipe, and making it your own original recipe. Original doesn't have to mean completely different either, just unique.
Hello and welcome to Original BBQ Recipes. The place for you to learn how to create your own original recipes. If you want to, though, you can just find a recipe somewhere and use it. That's OK too. But if you really love BBQ.......keep reading.....and take control of your smoking, grilling, and all of your outdoor cooking experiences.
Some people claim to have an original BBQ recipe because of a "secret ingredient". Well, if it is unique... then it's original. It doesn't matter whether it's a sauce, a rub or a marinade. Whatever the recipe, though, you can give it a unique touch that will make it a secret recipe (that is if you want to keep it a secret).
What's in it for me?
Costs you nothing
You get good at doing something you love
You suit your own tastes
You will become the local expert
Be able to duplicate your creations
Create your own recipe book
Now, I don't want to make this time consuming or complicated. That would take the fun out of doing it. Try not to read too much into the process. It really is very simple.
1. Take an existing recipe or recipes.
2. Adjust, delete, or add to it.
3. Perfect your original recipe
4. Optional step - Create your own Original BBQ Recipe book.
5. Required step - Get another drink and try again.
That's it. The beauty of this is that it costs you nothing, assuming that you already have the ingredients. Nothing but a little creativity, time, and of course fun. When it comes to ingredients, though, there is no set formula (such as what to change or by how much). But... that's what allows for so many possibilities.
Although, you always have the option of the easy way out. Just buy some BBQ sauce or a rub. Sometime it really is easier (for example Christmas time). Naturally, I would prefer that you experience the fun of doing it yourself, but... if you must... I would suggest Armadillo Peppers. They have a huge online variety. I've even used them myself.
Oh,... one more thing. Before you go, it's a good idea to subscribe to my newsletter. This ezine (Original Q) will keep you informed of all the additions, new articles, and updates to this site. It will keep you from searching to find new information (and I do update frequently).
- Your easiest most convient way to keep up with all the goings on at Original-BBQ-Recipes. Don't hunt for what's new. Get it direct to your mailbox every month. And it's free!
- Your Q
- Tell us about Your Q. Maybe it's your recipe for a BBQ sauce or a rub. Maybe it's the way you smoke. Whatever it is, please share it with the rest of us.
- BBQ, what it is
- BBQ. What in the world is it. Lets break out the dictionary and find out what we're talking about before we move on.
- Marinade recipes........what you should know.
- A good overview of what marinade recipes are, how they are used, what they do, and what is in them. All excellent information to help you be better prepared to create your own masterpiece.
- BBQ Sauce Recipes, Pick Your Style
- BBQ sauce recipes come from different parts of the country in different styles. Pick your style and create your own BBQ sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Recipes
- BBQ chicken recipes have something for everyone. Put your own touch on it for your next cookout.
- BBQ Beef Recipes, Come and Get It.
- BBQ beef recipes are big in Texas. All you have to do is drive around and see all the steak houses and BBQ joints. Find out why preparation is the key to the many variations.
- BBQ Pork Recipes, the Southern Choice
- BBQ pork recipes are found in use throughout the South. It has been that way since colonial times. Maybe that's why the Pilgrams had turkey for the first Thanksgiving. The pig wasn't done yet.
- BBQ Seafood Recipes, an Ocean of Choices
- Try BBQ seafood recipes for a change of pace. They are quick, easy, and good for you. Your guests will appreciate it too.
- Grilling Recipes, Faster than Smoking
- Grilling recipes are used by most americans that cook outdoors. Most folks don't have several hours to slow smoke a meal. Grilling is usually quick (remember all those hamburgers and hotdogs?).
- America's Favorite BBQ Joints
- Building a continually growing collection of BBQ joints from all across America. The best of the best as submitted by visitors who appreciate good BBQ (Q Chasers).
- BBQ news
- Tune in to what's happening around the world of BBQ news. Stories about competitions, catering and BBQ in general. Find out what's current and what's hot... what's smoking and what's not.
- Here is a listing of some FAQs about BBQ, as taken from the Original Q ezine. Add to the FAQ page yourself. Maybe even answer a question.
- BBQ Recipes Blog
- The BBQ Recipes Blog will keep you informed of all the additions and updates to original-bbq-recipes.com website. Subscribe here.
- BBQ Trials of Wallys Dad
- Look at the BBQ trials of a newby through the eyes of Wally's dad. Learn directly from another first-timer what works... and the things to avoid.
- About Me
- This is my story and I'm stickin' to it.
- Contact Me
- Let Me Know What's on Your Mind
- The Website - Just So You Know
- The website original-bbq-recipes.com had to come from somewhere. Somebody has to be hosting it. Oh, the choices out there in cyberspace. They seem to get more numerous every day...